Canada Student Visa

Student visas in Canada may vary depending on a student’s country of citizenship, country of legal residence, province they want to study in, and time they want to stay in Canada. International student wishing to enroll in a higher education program in Canada for more than six months should have a study permit before they enter the country.

Entry Requirements for Higher Education in Canada

In addition to providing an acceptance letter from the university, to get a student visa in Canada you must demonstrate to the officer that you:

  • Meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, including leaving Canada at the end of your studies.
  • If the duration of your studies in Canada will be less than a year, proof of financial support for the duration of your studies in Canada.
  • If the duration of your studies in Canada will be more than a year, proof of financial support for the first year of your studies in Canada.
  • Have no record of criminal activity. You may be asked to provide a Police Clearance Certificate.
  • Medical examination to prove that you are in good health.

What is the English test score required?

Programs English Test Score
Diploma programs IELTS - Overall band score of 5.5 with no band less than 5.0 PTE – Overall 45; no less than 36
Bachelor’s Degree IELTS - Overall band score of 6.0, no less than 5.5 PTE – Overall 50; no less than 45
Graduate Diploma IELTS - Overall band score of 6.5 no less than 6.0 PTE – Overall 6.5; no less than 50
Master Programs IELTS - Overall band score of 6.5; no less than 6.0 PTE – Overall 6.5; no less than 50


As part of the permanent resident application process you will need to prove to the Canadian government that you have enough monitory funds to support yourself and any accompanying family members when you arrive in Canada. This is because the government will not provide any financial support for new immigrants and therefore they need to be sure that you arrive with enough money to establish yourself in Canada.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) set guidelines as to the required funds they consider you need as a minimum in order to establish yourself in Canada. The amount required depends on the size of your family. These amounts can vary from time to time, so you should check these figures at the point you need to use them.

At the time of your application you must show that you have at least the required amount in order for your application to be processed. The money has to belong to you and cannot be borrowed from another person. The money must be readily available in transferable currency for settlement in Canada.

Once the student lands in Canada, they need to open a Savings account in Scotia Bank where they will get CAD$ 2000 right away for their living expense and the remaining balance gets transferred in their account every alternate month in equal installments for their living expenses in the entire year.

Study In USA

The U.S. is a pioneer and leading country in the world for education and technology. Its education recognized worldwide. It has one of the world’s finest university systems, with outstanding programs in virtually all fields.

Study In Australia

Australia, one of the most fascinating and highly developed, is the sixth largest country in the world. Endowed with astounding beaches, plenty of wildlife, natural wonders and cosmopolitan conurbations, the country offers some unique experiences that are hard to find somewhere else.

Study In Canada

Canada as a country has ten provinces and three territories. It is the 2nd largest country in the world after Russia (9.98 million square kilometers). Canada and the United States share the world’s largest land border. Canada is a bilingual country, the two main languages being English & French.

Study In New Zealand

Study in New Zealand, one of the safest and most beautiful countries in the world. A strong research-intensive curriculum is a major advantage for applicants. New Zealand institutes are recognised internationally and are highly regarded by employers worldwide.