Canada Visitor visa
Canada Tourist Visa is a temporary Canadian immigration option that allows tourists to visit Canada for the purpose of tourism and leisure. A Canada tourist visa is also known as Canada visitor visa or Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (TVR). The Canada tourist visa is granted for a maximum period of six months.
Canada tourist visas are of two types:
Single entry visa
Multiple entry visa
Both the visas are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after they expire.
A single entry visa allows the visa holder to enter Canada just once.
A multiple entry visa allows a visitor to come and go from Canada for six months at a time, without having to reapply each time. The multiple entry visa can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before the visa holder’s passport expires, whichever happens earlier.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Tourist Visa
In order to meet the eligibility criteria for a tourist visa, you will need to prove to the immigration authorities the following things:
- You have a valid passport
- You are in good health
- You have the financial resources means required to pay for your expenses while in Canada
- You have a residence outside Canada and other binding ties that will ensure your return home after your visit to Canada
- You plan to remain in Canada for a specific and limited period of time
- You intend to leave Canada at the end of your visit
- You have no intention to seek or undertake employment while in Canada
- You have no criminal record
- You do not pose a security risk
- You agree to abide by the laws of the land
- You may be required to undergo a medical examination